donderdag 14 augustus 2014

The Purchase

After restoring a few more 'obvious' oldtimers, I am confident taking on a new, real challenge. For this, I purchased a Fiat 1500 Ghia GT. I fell in love with this car, while roaming the internet for a restorable Italian sportscar.

I purchased this car from Beverly Hills Car Club, and now I'm patiently waiting for it to arrive in the Rotterdam Port. Estimated arrival is sep 19th, 2014. Can't wait!

In the meantime I'm already looking for the parts I will need anyway. I already purchased a fuel tank and a trunk lid, because my trunk lid looks terrible in the pictures......
The fuel tank is 'new old stock' and the trunklid, I bought in Germany. Only two trunklids on sale on Ebay-worldwide and one of them is for sale 40 km from my house. What are the odds??

Having said the original trunklid looks terrible.....So does the rest of the car bytheway. :-)





Somehow I still feel optimistic......
The reason I bought this one, is that it looks pretty much complete in the pictures. Parts may be bad, but at least they are present. I feel this is better than scorching for parts all over the world. 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten